In keeping with the mission of the Library to be a source of information, education, and recreation services for patrons of all ages, the Library is pleased to be able to offer computer usage and a connection to the Internet through public access stations within the Library. The Library’s computer system provides the opportunity to integrate electronic resources from information networks around the world with the library’s other resources. The library offers 4 computers for patron use. Wireless access is also available for laptops, etc.
1. Each user must register in and out on the Usage Log Sheet.
2. The computer Usage time may be limited to 20 minutes.
3. Children 13 years and younger may use the computer, if accompanied by a parent or guardian. If the parent or guardian is not present, a signed note must be given to the director.
4. The Library staff will provide limited assistance
5. There is a 25¢ per sheet charge for printing.
6. No software may be installed on the Library computers.
7. Nothing is to be stored on the Library computer. You may provide your own disk in which to save information.
8. The Library’s computers are set up for optimal usage by a single individual. In some cases, such as parent/guardian with children, it maybe important for two or more people to work together at a computer.
9. All users are asked to respect the privacy of other patrons and not attempt to censor or comment upon other patrons activity.
10. The Internet, as an information source, enables the library to provide information beyond the confines of its own collection. It is an unregulated medium.
11. Misuse of the computer will result in the loss of computer privileges, potential loss of library privileges and possible prosecution. Such misuse includes, but is not limited to, using the computer for illegal activities; hacking into any computer system; damaging or attempting to damage computer equipment or software; interfering with systems operations, integrity or security; gaining unauthorized access or attempting to alter the library’s computer settings; and violating copyright laws and software licensing agreements.
12. Hate mail, harassment, discriminatory remarks, and other antisocial behaviors are prohibited.
13. Use of the network to access obscene or pornographic material is prohibited.
14. Use of the network to transmit material likely to be offensive or objectionable to recipients is prohibited.
• The Frankfort City Library reserves the right to log internet use and to monitor fileserver space utilization by users while respecting the privacy of patrons.
• The Frankfort City Library reserves the right to deny access to anyone at any time that the staff feels that the standards are being violated.